Sumary of Tanzania: Samia Lifts Tourism Sector:
- TOURISM sector prospects look brighter owing to President Samia Suluhu Hassan’s new approach to tackling the Covid-19 pandemic..
- According to sources from within the multi-billion dollar sector, the country is now set to receive many foreign tourists, some of whom had earlier cancelled their visits due to Coronavirus protocols that have greatly affected the world socially and economically..
- Most importantly, the President’s move to form a special committee to look at the issue and accordingly advise the government, has been highly commended by tourism stakeholders..
- And in the wake of the report, the Tanzania Association of Tour Operators (TATO) has come out to convey a message of great optimism, with huge confidence of rejuvenation in one of the important sectors in the country’s economy..
- TATO Chairman, Mr Wilbard Chambulo, noted that as the Committee led by Professor Said Aboud presented its report to President Samia at the State House in Dar es Salaam on May 17th this year, the tourism sector received a huge boost and it looks forward to receiving many foreign visitors..
- President Samia has also spoken about tourism in the past, saying that during the Covid-19 pandemic Tanzania stood out from almost all other countries, with the East African nation receiving many foreign tourists because other parts of the world were under lockdown..
- TATO’s Chambulo said that the report has had great and positive effect in the sector that has been widely affected worldwide, noting that there are good tourism business prospects now, adding that what is pertinent now is implementation of what is included in the report…