Sumary of Zimbabwe: Miskyra Travel Augments Domestic Tourism Efforts:
- The Covid-19 pandemic continues to wreak havoc across the world triggering an unprecedented crisis in all sectors of the economy, including the tourism industry, which relies mostly on foreign travellers..
- Millions of jobs have been lost in the tourism sector due to international travel restrictions and lockdowns as countries try to reduce the spread of the coronavirus..
- Zimbabwe, whose large chunk of the gross domestic product is drawn from the tourism industry, is not spared either by the Covid-19 pandemic..
- The impact of Covid-19 on the country’s tourism industry, which relies mostly on international travellers, is disturbing..
- Despite easing travel restrictions by reopening borders and allowing in the country those with Covid-19 test certificates, there has been little activity on the tourism arena as only a handful of foreign travellers have been coming in the country lately..
- It is against such a backdrop that the government in partnership with tourism players has come up with a cocktail of strategies aimed at revamping the tourism industry..
- Last year in August the government launched the national tourism recovery and growth strategy buoyed by a domestic tourism campaign dubbed ZimBho #IzimYami# Vakatsha..
- In the wake of such initiatives, local tourism and hospitality player Miskyra Travel has come up with strategies meant to augment government efforts in enticing locals to visit their own tourist spots….