Sumary of Zimbabwe: Top Vumba Hotel Fires 15 Workers for Breaking Teapot Lid:
- A top Eastern Highlands resort, Leopard Rock Hotel Saturday morning sacked 15 interns who were conducting work-related learning for failure to reveal the person who had broken a teapot lid.
- The interns started their attachment at the diverse holiday centre in January and in June this year.
- They faced the chop on the grounds they had failed to observe fundamentals of hospitality which entails protection of the hotel’s property.
- com sources said Samir Shasha who owns Leopard Rock hotel dismissed the students after he saw a broken teapot cover in the washing bay last Friday.
- Fuming with anger, Shasha delegated his head chef to inform the students that failure to reveal the person who had broken the tea-pot cover, in an hour’s time would result in termination of their work.
- According to the hotel boss, the students were in collusion which threatened the interests of Leopard Rock and its guests hence their continued presence would promote the habit of covering up each other.