Sumary of ForwardKeys reveals perilous state of summer aviation:
- The latest research from ForwardKeys has revealed that the demand for international air travel this summer is set to be just under a quarter of pre-pandemic levels..
- For example, summer bookings to China, Japan (which is welcoming no foreign spectators for the Olympics), Thailand and Australia, which are effectively closed to visitors, are just two, four, two and ten per cent respectively..
- In travel terms, Europe, looks set for another disappointing summer, with the possible exception of Albania, at 73 per cent of 2019 levels..
- Greece and Iceland, along with Croatia, have been consistently vocal in their enthusiasm for visitors and have consistently made public promises to welcome tourists who have been vaccinated..
- Summer bookings to some parts of West Africa are also holding up relatively well, most notably Ghana and Nigeria (both at 73 per cent of 2019 levels) and Senegal (77 per cent)….