Sumary of Venice at risk of UNESCO ‘endangered’ listing:
- The recommendation — or draft decision — was made Monday, following the production of its annual conservation report..
- The report produced ahead of the session resolves to “inscribe Venice and its lagoon (Italy) on the list of World Heritage in Danger”.
- is the cruise ships which are continuing to ply the lagoon, sailing through the historic city center, despite the Italian government ruling that they should be banned..
- Citing the “complex impacts of mass tourism, the constant decrease of population and the basic deficiencies in governance and cooperated management which have led to a significant loss of historical authenticity within Venice,”.
- the Great Barrier Reef, Budapest, Kathmandu Valley, Russia’s volcanoes of Kamchatka, the Ohrid region of Albania and North Macedonia, and the W-Arly-Pendjari Complex of Benin, Burkina Faso and Niger…