Sumary of Austria travel restrictions in full: Can I travel to Austria from the UK?:
- With beautiful landscapes, cafe culture and amazing cultural heritage, Austria is a wonderful place to visit.
- A fortnight ago, Austria lifted the blanket travel ban for the UK and now travellers can head there for a holiday or to visit family and friends.
- The central-European country has buzzing cities to waltz around like Vienna and Salzburg, as well as amazing outdoor escapes in the Alps.
- However, up until mid-August travellers from the UK were banned from entering Austria.
- On August 15, 2021, Austrian officials announced fully vaccinated travellers from the UK are welcome to enter Austria for non-essential reasons, like tourism, without having to quarantine.
- Travellers will need to complete a form within 72 hours before arriving in Austria.