Sumary of Can I travel to Austria? Latest restrictions and advice as partial lockdown imposed:
- “We are not taking this step lightly, but unfortunately it is necessary,” Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg said after the seven-day infection rate hit more than 800 cases per 100,000 people.
- Travellers must present a negative test or proof of recovery from Covid, plus self-isolate for 10 days on arrival.
- For proof of a negative Covid test, PCR results must be no older than 72 hours, antigen test (eg lateral flow) results must be no older than 48 hours, and antigen self-test results (which must be recorded in an official data processing system) must be no older than 24 hours.
- Children up to the age of 12 do not have to provide a test result if travelling under the supervision of an adult.
- “You can leave self-isolation after five days with a new negative PCR test result,” says the FCDO.