Sumary of Moscow outlines bid to host Expo 2030:
- Officials hope the show can take place between April 27th and October 27th in 2030. The chief executive of the Bid Committee Moscow Expo 2030, Alexander Chernov, introduced Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) to the Russian ambitions for the show, under the theme ‘Human Progress: A Shared Vision for a World of Harmony’.
- The BIE general assembly was told that the candidate city has a steadily growing economy focused on technology and innovation, and is “a city of endless opportunity for study, work and creativity”.
- The mayor of Moscow, Sergei Sobyanin, further called on member states to support the project to organise the first World Expo “in the vast expanses of Europe and Asia that lie east of Vienna and west of Shanghai”.
- He added: “If Moscow wins the right to host Expo 2030, then for the whole six months our city will become the world capital of science, industry and technology.
- “On the other hand, Expo will be a unique opportunity to see the main achievements of world civilization in Moscow.
- Secretary general of the BIE, Dimitri Kerkentzes, said: “The BIE welcomes these five candidatures, which attest to the strong and shared desire for nations around the world to come together to shape a common vision for peace and human progress.