Sumary of Why Arlberg, Austria, should be your next winter ski break:
- The Tyrolean region of Arlberg is a feast for experienced skiers, with more than 300 kilometres of marked runs stretching alongside 200kms of untouched back-country terrain.
- European royalty and pro skiers alike appreciate the range of snowy experiences you can have here – whether taking to the skis for a cutting-edge heli-skiing adventure, or dining at a multi-award-winning restaurant with a view of the peaks.
- But Arlberg is perhaps most famous for freeriding – as captured in Warren Miller’s ski film Wintervention – where skiiers let loose on unmarked, thickly-powdered, off-piste terrain rather than following pre-sculpted pistes.
- Ice skating rinks in St Anton and Zürs allow lovers to skate a swirl under the stars, while horse-carriage rides pad gently through blankets of snow, and evenings are spent in the warm intimacy of high-end cuisine in intimate restaurants.
- Great heightsArlberg is also a great place to try a rare thrill: heli-skiing.