Sumary of Travel news – live: Green list update expected as Turkey predicted to go amber:
- Simon Calder, The Independent’s travel correspondent, spoke to readers this afternoon about the possible movements on the UK’s green, red and amber lists, in an online event ahead of the next travel rules update.
- Some experts have predicted Jamaica could move from the amber to the red list in this week’s review of the travel traffic light system.
- In his live Q&A with Independent readers, Simon Calder gave Turkey a ‘50/50 chance’ of going amber in this week’s review.
- Follow live travel updates below: Key pointsShow latest update 1629907260NHS Covid passport still not recognised in parts of EuropeBritish travellers face problems using their Covid vaccine passports across some of Europe, due to a delay in the UK linking up with the EU’s system.
- “Gaps in the British government’s application to Brussels” mean the NHS electronic Covid pass has not yet been synced with the EU-wide IT system which tracks vaccination certificates.
- The average UK resident travels 310 miles for their UK holiday, which works out at £43 in petrol costs.