Sumary of UK’s NHS Covid passport still not recognised in parts of Europe:
- “Gaps in the British government’s application to Brussels” mean the NHS electronic Covid pass has not yet been synced with the EU-wide IT system which tracks vaccination certificates, The Guardian reported.
- These include popular holiday spots such as Spain and France.
- Hungary is one country where travellers may struggle to use their vaccine passport – according to the government’s latest guidelines, it will only accept a locally-issued immunity certificate as proof of vaccine status from UK air passengers.
- In Italy, visitors from England and Wales have reported problems entering bars and restaurants using the NHS Covid pass, while tourists in Latvia and the Czech Republic have reported being asked for a paper certificate rather than the e-pass.
- A UK government spokesperson said: “We have applied to link into the EU’s digital Covid certificate (DCC) scheme.