Sumary of New Research Suggests Best Type Of Mask For Your Next Flight:
- New research confirms that masks vary widely in terms of the protection they provide against the .
- And with the surge of the highly transmissible Delta variant of COVID-19, it’s prudent to wear the type of mask that will best protect them and others from the virus.
- Masks are now required on all public transportation and while at transportation hubs (such as airports).
- A new study by engineering researchers at the University of Waterloo (Ontario) confirms the conventional wisdom: Not all masks afford the same protection.
- Research design and findings in brief Using a mannequin to simulate a seated person breathing in a large room, the Canadian researchers found that although cloth and blue surgical masks afford valuable protection, they still allow a significant buildup of exhaled droplets that travel through the air and pass through masks.
- MORE FOR YOU “There is no question it is beneficial to wear any face covering, both for protection in close proximity and at a distance in a room,” said Professor Serhiy Yarusevych, the lead author of the study.