Sumary of A Travel Primer On The Scandinavian Countries:
- Getty Scandinavia and the Nordic region is so often portrayed in global media as the poster-child for everything from modern design to welfare models and even happiness..
- Copenhagen Fashion Week is the leading such event in the Nordic region, while the Design Museum is the best place to delve into the story behind the global popularity of Danish and Scandinavian design..
- Getty Images Monocle magazine recently named Copenhagen the world’s best design city for its notable architecture and urban planning:.
- With generally milder weather than much of Scandinavia, Copenhagen is indeed a city designed for outdoor living..
- For inspiration, check out the 510-mile-long Baltic Sea route, where you’ll find country lanes, calm beaches and cycle-friendly ferries..
- The route is split into 14 sections and is fully signposted, so it suited for pro-cyclists and keen tourists alike..
- getty One of the best ways to experience the fjords—and more than a thousand miles of Norway epic coastline—is on the coastal ferry, which doubles as a cruise..
- High salaries drive up the cost of otherwise low-value goods and services such as fast food, but high-end experiences remain competitive….