Sumary of Europe Travel: Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Croatia Stay Open, Without New Restrictions, To U.S. Tourists:
- Traveling during coronavirus getty If vaccinated, Americans can travel to most of the EU countries.
- If not, there are still others like Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Croatia, Portugal that have refused to impose stricter rules on U.S. visitors, as recommended by the EU Council.
- Due to the surge in the number of Covid-19 infections in the United States, particularly the Delta variant and the new Mu variant detected in 49 states, authorities in a number of European countries have decided to implement additional restrictive measures for non-vaccinated arrivals.
- MORE FROM FORBESSpain Closes To Unvaccinated U.S. Travelers Following Netherlands, Norway, Italy And OthersBy Cecilia Rodriguez The decision followed the Council of the European Union’s recommendation to remove the U.S. from the list of countries considered epidemiologically safe.
- A young woman dons a face mask outside the Irish Potato Cake Company restaurant in Dublin’s city .
- Photo by Artur Widak NurPhoto via Getty Images MORE FOR YOU Ireland is not adding restrictions “EU recommendation is non-binding, and the Member States retain control over their own border restrictions,” a statement from the Irish government said.