Sumary of Looking For An Idyllic Autumn Getaway? Give Nantucket A Try:
- Rife with idyllic beaches and clad in charming cedar-shingled villas, this gem of Massachusetts has become a favorite destination for families across the eastern seaboard since the mid-20th century.
- From the verdant English-style garden to the dazzling hand-painted Portuguese tile mosaics gracing each bathroom, the Greydon House is a master class in sophisticated beauty.
- Whether you’re lounging in the comfort of your bedroom or enjoying a Mosel Valley Riesling at the Venetian-inspired Via Mare, each space offers a convivial atmosphere that’s tough to find elsewhere.
- These tantalizing mollusks are grown on-island just nearby, and pair perfectly with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc from the restaurant’s lengthy wine list, with roughly 1,500 different varieties up for grabs.
- If upscale dining doesn’t quite fit your vibe, there’s no need to worry—Nantucket is also home to its fair share of cozy pubs, including the wharf-adjacent Rose and Crown.
- Based out of a former livery stable from the 1800s, this local favorite took on its current form in the 1970s, serving up tasty pub fare and ample amounts of craft beer and cocktails to thirsty patrons.