Sumary of Ten of the world’s most incredible tennis courts, from Scotland to Arizona via Italy’s Amalfi coast:
- It’s not just the grand slam courts that are showstoppers in the world of tennis.We’ve scoured the planet and found 10 tennis courts in unlikely places that all have (or had) the wow factor.For instance, there’s the jaw-dropping court on the paradise Emerald Cay Estate island inTurks and Caicos, which appears to float on the water;
- the remote tennis court on Scotland’s Isle of Harris, and the regulation-size court that hotel guests can use that’s been laid out on a rocky cliff face on Italy’s breathtaking Amalfi Coast.There are also courts in the Arizona desert and in the middle of the African wilderness.We also discovered some mind-blowing ‘stunt’ tennis courts – such as the one that appeared692ft up on the helipad of theBurj Al Arab hotel.Scroll down for pictures of courts that are undeniably ace.
- Practice for a pretty penny – in paradise: A stay on the jaw-dropping Emerald Cay Estate island in Turks and Caicos costs a whopping £25,874.09 ($35,714) a night.
- But for that princely sum guests can work on their shots on an incredible tennis court that almost seems to float on the water.
- Visit www.islandescapestci.com/villas/emerald-cay Dubai’s striking Burj Al Arab hotel created the loftiest tennis court in the world in 2005 – on its 211m- (692ft) high helipad.
- Federer described the experience as ‘unbelieveable’ Remote rally: Bunabhainneadar tennis court on Scotland’s Isle of Harris is one of the most isolated in the world.
- The court overlooks Loch Tarbet and has attracted visitors such as former British number one Tim Henman and Andy Murray’s mother, Judy, who said: ‘Sheep on the court is your only hazard’ Serve a sea view: Guests at Il San Pietro Di Positano, a luxe resort built on a cliff face on Italy’s stunning Amalfi Coast, can descend 384 steps from the main building and play on a regulation-sized tennis court overlooking the Mediterranean Fancy doubles in the desert?
- The hotel says its courts are available for casual games and that tennis pros and experts offer instruction from beginner to advanced levels Grab your racket and sunglasses for a knockabout on the dazzling neon-pink tennis court at the legendary Pikes Ibiza hotel, which randomly features a giant climbable roller skate in one corner.