Sumary of The 5 top attractions of Alexandria – “The Pearl of the Mediterranean”:
- Alexandria turned into the focus point of learning for the ancient world and retains its academic importance to this day..
- Alexandria is the Mediterranean dazzling jewel of a city, home to the Great Library of Alexandria and the colossal Pharos Lighthouse – one of the seven wonders of the ancient world..
- Alexandria ancient library was one of the greatest of all classical institutions, which was burned down in the first century and many of its valuable books destroyed..
- The Corniche is a flawless waterfront promenade that runs along the Eastern Harbor for 16km (10mi) and ends by the Montazah Palace..
- During your walk, you can see the most famous landmarks such as the multiple-domed Abu Abbas al-Mursi Mosque and the still-standing heritage hotels, the Steigenberger Cecil Hotel and Paradise Inn Windsor Palace Hotel..
- Constructed on the site of the Alexandria , one of the most surviving Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the 15th-century Citadel of Qaitbay (known as Fort Qaitbey) is a postcard-pretty sea fort..
- The parapets show broad city views, the small museum contains maritime relics and aquariums, and three pillars probably date from the lighthouse..
- The collection is displayed in the dazzling palace of Princess Fatma El Zahraa, a descendent of Mohamed Ali Pasha….