Sumary of The best scenic drives for fall color in America and when to go:
- Gather your favorite road trip tunes, pack your camera, and consider one of these majestic drives to behold the dazzling shades of fall foliage from deep crimson to electric yellow.
- The best time to see fall foliage in the foothills of the Smokies is approximately mid-October to mid-November.
- ‘HAUNTED FORESTS’ IN NORTH AMERICA THAT YOU CAN VISIT IN TIME FOR HALLOWEENIndependence Pass in Lake and Pitkin Counties, Colorado This part of Colorado’s Top of the Rockies scenic drive on Colorado 82 is unbeatable in fall.
- (Credit: Dan and Zora Avila) From Aspen to Twin Lakes, this part of Colorado’s Top of the Rockies scenic drive on Colorado 82 is pretty unbeatable come fall.
- COUPLE ROAD TRIPS IN CONVERTED HEARSE NICKNAMED ‘THE GRIM SLEEPER’Highland Scenic Highway in Nicholas, Webster, and Pocahontas counties in West Virginia Peak color on the Highland Scenic Highway is typically in early October.
- (West Virginia Department of Tourism) You’re in for a treat on the Highland Scenic Highway.