Sumary of Copenhagen’s Noma Wins Third Michelin Star As Denmark Dominates Nordic Guide:
- Noma It’s long been known around the world as one of Europe’s finest restaurants, but a third Michelin star had always been just out of reach—until now.
- Copenhagen’s Noma winning a third star was the headline news at the 2021 Nordic Michelin Star revelation event held in Stavanger, Norway.
- Soon after its opening in 2003, Noma spearheaded the ‘New Nordic’ concept of the authentic use of local ingredients and cooking methods.
- Noma quickly became a destination of choice with foodies from all over the world, winning the world’s best restaurant award a staggering four times.
- Several Noma alumni have gone on to open successful restaurants in Copenhagen, putting their own twist on the concept.
- Despite this success, the third Michelin star had always remained elusive.