Sumary of Denmark Now Holds The Record For The World’s Highest Sand Castle:
- Denmark now holds the world record for the world’s tallest sandcastle beating previous record holder Germany.
- A team of sculptors led by Wilfred Stijger from Holland created the 21.16 meter (69.4 feet) high sand castle in Blokhus, a beach resort in the northern part of the country.
- This sand castle is 3.5 meter taller than Germany’s sand castle.
- The German sand castle was 17.66 meters in height and was built in 2019 by a team led by Thomas van den Dungen under the aegis of Skulptura Projects GmbH (Germany), in Binz, Germany.
- The latest record holding castle has been built with 4,860 tonnes of sand from Denmark and shaped like a triangle so that it does not collapse.
- Media quoted sculptor Wilfred Stijger as saying that they put a sculpture resembling the virus as the corona (crown) on top.