Sumary of How To See The Scandinavian Capitals By Train:
- The Bergen rail line links Oslo with Bergen and is one of Europe’s most scenic railroads.
- In fact, long-distance trains are a genuine travel bargain in a part of the world not exactly known for its budget travel opportunities.
- On some routes, night trains save on accommodation costs.
- Housing the private art collection of brewing magnate Carl Jacobsen, Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek runs a close second.
- MORE FROM FORBESWhy Copenhagen Is Europe’s Most Livable City Yet AgainBy David Nikel Direct trains from Copenhagen to Stockholm take a little over five hours with SJ.
- Indirect trips via Gothenburg or Malmö are also available at a total journey time of up to eight hours.
- Getty Images At the time of writing, additional border controls mean there are no direct trains running, so passengers must make a short connection across the border between Copenhagen and Malmö at the Öresund bridge.
- From Malmö, trains run hourly to Stockholm with a journey time of about four and a half hours.