Sumary of Norway’s Startup Airline Flyr Begins First International Routes:
- Norway’s Flyr launched domestic flights in June 2021. Flyr Just two months after launching with domestic flights in Norway, Norwegian startup airline Flyr has expanded its route network to three destinations in Europe.
- More travel demand within Europe Flyr CEO Tonje Wikstrøm Frislid Flyr Flyr CEO Tonje Wikstrøm Frislid said there is an “increasing desire” from Norwegians wanting to travel to Mediterranean destinations.
- Although not an EU member, Norway is fully integrated with the EU Covid Pass system, which essentially means fully-vaccinated residents of Norway can travel to and from other European countries with no quarantine period required.
- MORE FOR YOU New domestic routes announced Flyr has also launched two new routes competing with SAS and Norwegian on two of Norway’s busiest air travel corridors: Oslo to Bergen and Oslo to Trondheim.
- MORE FROM FORBESWhat To Expect From Norway’s Norse Atlantic AirwaysBy David Nikel Announced on August 19, Flyr’s quarterly report revealed losses of NOK 87.4 million ($9.9 million) for the first half of the year.