Sumary of 20 challenging walking holidays in Europe for 2022:
- With options for a small group guided walking holiday or a self-guided walking holiday, take a look at our list and set your sights on a new goal.
- These holidays are suitable for summer walking and not winter walking.
- Head to France and trek the Classic Tour du Mont Blanc One of the most popular long-distance walks in Europe, the Tour du Mont Blanc, circles the Mont Blanc massif, covering a distance of roughly 170 kilometres with 10 kilometres of ascent/descent and passes through parts of Switzerland, Italy and France.
- There will be staggering views of the alpine skyline and the chance to cross borders and experience three different countries in one walking adventure.
- There are several trip options available including our guided walking holiday the Ultimate Tour Du Mont Blanc 12 day trek, where you complete the entire circuit and cross various passes including the Col des Fours to a more leisurely self-guided walking holiday (one week or two) where you can walk the route at a slightly more leisurely pace.
- Reputed to be Europe’s most challenging long distance trekking trail, the GR20 is a classic route which spans the granite peaks of Corsica.