Sumary of 20 great autumn breaks across France: a season of great tastes:
- in Éauze, the capital of Armagnac country, where the three-month Flamme d’Armagnac celebrations kick off with firework displays and street theatre.
- WESTGarden festivals, Loire valleyAn autumn garden display at Château de Chaumont.
- The Château de Chaumont is known for its international garden festival and art exhibitions, and from 23 October to 7 November, Autumn Splendours will see its talented gardeners create displays with flowers and fruits in the vast grounds.
- Rather than rides, Puy du Fou offers a variety of immersive themed shows featuring musketeers, Vikings and birds of prey, as well as villages styled in different periods, from medieval to 19th century.
- The pièce de resistance is the evening show: the dramatic Les Noces de Feu display involve fire and water as it takes spectators on a romanticised journey through the 19th century.
- Stay D’Une Ile à Une Autre offers delightful cabins set among the gardens, from €120 a night room-only.