Sumary of 5 things to do in Palma de Mallorca:
- In 1960, Mallorca received 500,000 visitors, in 1997 it received more than 6,739,700. In 2001 more than 19,200,000 people passed through Son Sant Joan airport which is quite near Palma, with an additional 1.5 million coming by sea.
- Sushi Bar at Hotel Sant Frances Singular Set atop the award-winning five-star boutique Hotel Sant Francesc Singular is an impressive al fresco terrace where both guests and residents nibble on sushi while taking in the surrounding city panorama.
- Palma Cathedral The cathedral is spectacular from the outside and set in an amazing location dominating the seafront.
- Arguably the building is even more impressive inside, with amazing multi-coloured light coming through the huge stained glass windows into the cavernous light, airy interior.
- The road from Pollensa to Cap Formentor is one of the most beautiful roads on the island and the lighthouse at the end affords views over the Med that are stunning.
- Beach time Millions of people visit Mallorca to spend time on the fantastic beaches that dot Mallorca’s amazing coastline.