Sumary of A Smattering Of Two Dozen French Wines To Sample This Summer:
- In Bordeaux, France, wine vintages for 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020 were all excellent.
- If you can sample 2017 wines—considering that most grapes succumbed to a wicked frost that year—you will find some reds exceptional, while whites from that vintage may be the best produced in Bordeaux in perhaps 50 years.
- These are from the last six vintages, although many are from 2020. One rosé is from Provence, while the rest originate in Bordeaux.
- 2016. Inspired by (and associated with) Domaine de Chevalier in Bordeaux, Clos des Lunes produces this 70/30 blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon.
- From Namratha Prashanth, who moved to Bordeaux from India and studied viticulture at the University of Bordeaux, comes this wine made in coordination with a family-owned Entre-Deux Mers estate.
- The 60/25/13/2 blend of Semillon/Sauvignon Blanc/Sauvignon Gris/Muscadelle inlcudes rich and juicy aromas—green apples, cantaloupe, grapefruits—as well as honey.