Sumary of Escape the crowds and head to Toulouse, the underrated French city break:
- Soak in the vibe at Place du CapitolePlace du Capitole square is Toulouse’s focal point.
- It’s where you’ll find bars and restaurants spilling over its perimeter, markets at the weekends, tango dancing on Sundays if you’re lucky, and the pink-tinged Neoclassical façade of the Capitole, Toulouse’s city hall.
- entry from €16.Become a crime fighterIt’s always fun to discover a city by way of a treasure hunt – and on interactive adventure tour Robbery at the Capitole, it’s up to each team of super sleuths to venture across the city to recover a stolen Cryptex containing the city’s founding papers.
- comWhere to eatTraditional fareAcross Toulouse, you’ll find plenty of outdoor dining, come rain or shine.
- A broader range of French fare is found at Le Père Léon, a classic French brasserie with a few vegetarian options right by Place Esquirol.
- Fine diningToulouse is home to six Michelin-starred restaurants, of which Le Cénacle is the firm favourite.