Sumary of French President Macron Scores 11M Views In Viral Battle With YouTube Stars:
- And “Carlito”, which topped some 3.4 million views in a few hours, is just the latest in a series of signals sent by Emmanuel Macron to young people, less than a year before the presidential election..
- (Photo by Martin BUREAU / AFP) (Photo by MARTIN BUREAU/AFP via Getty Images) AFP via Getty Images French President Emmanuel Macron squared off against a pair of YouTube stars in an “anecdotes contest”.
- The appearance was widely seen as an attempt to woo the youth vote in advance of the 2022 presidential election..
- During his 4 years in office, Macron has often fought perceptions that he is too elitist and removed from the daily lives of French, something that was a particular point of criticism during the Yellow Vest protests..
- In the video with McFly and Carlito filmed at the Elysee Palace, Macron still wore the trademark suit, but he also came across as loose and playful, even muttering “merde”.
- For Macron first anecdote, for instance, he claimed he was managing the career of French soccer star Kylian Mbappé and that the player was planning to transfer from the Paris club to Marseille..
- When McFly guessed that it was false, Macron astonished the pair by calling MBappé directly, who laughed and said, “Impossible!”…