Sumary of Greece: UK tourists not to blame for Covid cases says tourism minister – Britons ‘welcome’:
- Greece’s tourism minister has assured the nation “welcomed British tourists” and has “meticulous” measures in place to keep both visitors and citizens safe while travelling.
- Following France’s addition to the newly created “amber plus list”, mounting speculation suggests Greece and Spain could soon follow based on COVID-19 rates.
- According to the European Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (ECDC), Greece recorded 17,904 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days.
- However, Greece’s minister for tourism Harry Theoharis says the nation is not experiencing high rates of COVID-19 coming in from UK and other tourists at its borders.
- “We have recently opened indoor spaces but those are only accessible to vaccinated people only.
- “But, of course, a lot of outdoor spaces in residences everyone can enjoy and share.