Sumary of How To Travel To France This Summer, What’s Open And What To Expect:
- At the moment there is an EU-wide safe list, where travelers are allowed to visit the EU, if their country has under 25 cases per 100,000 people..
- The EU has also asked its member countries to allow vaccinated travelers to visit but it is up to individual countries to decide if they will use additional travel restrictions..
- MORE FROM FORBES VIDEO For the non-vaccinated, many countries have been deciding unilaterally when to open borders over the past few weeks, some doing so before EU-wide decisions have been made..
- arrivals into France, for instance, to protect against the spread of this Indian variant of Covid-19, the B.1.617..
- Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Secretary of State at the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs told Europe 1, “regarding countries that are outside the European area we will work on lists and colours..
- This is effectively the name for each individual European country certification process to prove that someone has either had the virus itself and recovered, had the vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test result..
- The ‘certificate’ can be either on paper or via an EU country app (France application is called TousAntiCovid) and people pass through borders using the QR code–provided on the original piece of paper given to the person when they have their vaccine or tests in the EU..
- People will then be alerted if anyone else has tested positive for Covid-19 and was in the same space at approximately the same time…