Sumary of Latest Paris attraction drives tourists into the Seine:
- It looks like a bus that has taken a wrong turning, speeding down a slipway into the River Seine, scattering swans and prompting screams from the passengers.
- Welcome to one of the French capital’s newest tourist attractions: an amphibious bus that drives along the city streets, and then converts instantly into a river-going pleasure boat.
- ” Amphibious tour buses — commonly known as ducks — have been used for years to ferry tourists around other cities in the world.
- But the version in use in Paris is a new purpose-built design constructed largely in France, and, according to its operators, it is the first amphibious vehicle to gain a license to carry tourists on the roads and waterways of Paris.
- An amphibious bus named Marcel le Canard (Marcel The Duck) splashes into the Seine river during a tour around Paris, in Sevres near Paris, France.
- (REUTERS/Sarah Meyssonnier) The tours have been run since this summer by a firm called “Canards de Paris”, French for ducks of Paris.