Sumary of Ten steps to a successful trip abroad – and back:
- Search “Foreign Office” and the name of the country to find out about entry restrictions – and learn of any testing requirements.
- The standard NHS app should show your jabs, and can generate the QR code needed for foreign countries’ Covid status systems, such as Tous Anti Covid in France.
- Or search for “NHS Covid pass letter” and request a paper copy.
- In resorts, pharmacies and some hotels offer easy testing options, and many airports have pre-check-in clinics with tests costing around €30 (£26).
- For maximum public health benefit and minimum hassle, choose a test at the airport on arrival.