Sumary of The best restaurants for 2021 are named by Tripadvisor – and an eatery in the LAKE DISTRICT is No1:
- The best fine-dining restaurants have been named by Tripadvisor, with Michelin-starred The Old Stamp House Restaurant in the Lake District rated number one in the UK and the world, beating France into second place.
- The low-key eatery has been handed the accolade as part of Tripadvisor’s 2021 Travellers’ Choice ‘Best of the Best’ Restaurants Awards, which are decided by an algorithm that analyses the millions of reviews and opinions collected in a single year from travellers around the world.
- The second-best restaurant in the global ranking is Restaurant La Maison d’a Cote in Montlivault, France, followed by Ise Sueyoshi in Tokyo.
- America failed to make it into the top ten, but the lavish Inn at Little Washington in Virginia is 12th overall, and for Instagrammers, the ‘epic’ aquarium restaurant Koral Restaurant in Nusa Dua, Bali, takes home the gong in the Picture-Perfect category.
- Housed in the former office of William Wordsworth, this intimate restaurant boasting a Michelin star celebrates the cultural heritage of Cumbria with dishes such as black pudding ‘bon bon’ and crab from the west coast of the region.
- One glowing review said: ‘This was our first time dining at a Michelin-starred restaurant and it certainly did not disappoint.