Sumary of The Ritz Hotel’s Head Pastry Chef Reimagines France’s Iconic Croissant:
- The Ritz Hotel’s Head Chef Pâtissier François Perret at his recently opened Le Comptoir gourmet .
- Ritz Hotel Head Pastry Chef François Perret is turning the trusted croissant as we know it on its head by offering oblong-shaped pastries at Le Comptoir, his recently opened boutique bakery.
- No matter how hard you try, you always end up covered in crumbs,” François Perret tells me, wearing crisp whites as he comes out from behind the counter of his shiny new digs.
- ” François Perret’s reimagined croissants and pains au chocolat.
- And being able to enjoy some of France’s classic pastries and snacks while out and about is something that is extremely important to Perret.
- It tastes of cake with crunchy and gooey bits in the bottom you can scoop out with your spoon, and because it’s French and made at the Ritz by top-ranking pastry chef Perret, it’s light and airy with all the moreishness of a real cake.