Sumary of Travel expert Simon Calder’s 34 answers to your urgent questions on international journeys:
- Will their vaccines be recognised if they seek to visit the UK on tourism or business?
- Ibrahim1994 A: Anyone who lives in the UK and has been vaccinated by the NHS – or who is on a “formally approved UK vaccine clinical trial” – will not need to quarantine if they arrive from an amber list country from 4am on Monday 19 July.
- The qualification is not to nationality, but where the vaccines were administered.
- There are hopes that the NHS certification system could be linked with the EU Digital Covid Certificate to allow freer movement for European visitors.
- On Friday morning the transport secretary, Grant Shapps, said he was working on accepting this European Union pass.
- Will he still need to quarantine and have day 2 and 8 tests?
- He is double vaccinated but only had second vaccine on 29 June which doesn’t yet show on his NHS App.
- Q: What is the situation for people who have received one of the AstraZeneca vaccines reported to have been made in India to travel to France?