Sumary of Travel quarantine chaos: Simon Calder warns Britons ‘not to commit’ to holidays:
- Back in May, the Government rapidly removed green list status for Portugal, sparking a flurry of Britons desperately trying to get home before the quarantine rules came into place.
- Most recently, late on Friday evening, Secretary of State for Transport Grant Shapps revealed the Government would be axing its quarantine exception for double-jabbed travellers heading to France – despite the nation being categorised as “amber”.
- ”In agreement, Mr Charles has said the Government’s approach to travel rules have become “confusing” and “ridiculous”.
- From July 19, the Government has changed the rules to allow double-jabbed Britons to return from amber list countries without the need for quarantine.
- For France, though, this is no longer the case due to concerns about the Beta variant originally detected in South Africa.