Sumary of Travellers can get from Rome to London by train in a single day – but only once a week:
- Rail passengers will be able to travel by train between Rome or Naples in Italy to the UK in a single day next year – but only northbound, and only on Sundays.
- Mark Smith, the international rail guru who runs the website Seat61.com, has revealed what he calls “a quirk” of 2022 rail schedules across Europe, using three high-speed trains.
- ”He details a train departing Naples at 6.40am on a Sunday, calling at Rome at 8.30am and arriving at Turin in northern Italy at 12.49pm.
- The traveller can enjoy a quick lunch before departing aboard a French TGV from Turin at 1.38pm for Paris Gare de Lyon.
- The train arrives at 7.12pm, allowing plenty of time to cross the French capital to Paris Nord for the 9.03pm Eurostar departure, which arrives at London St Pancras at 10.30pm – almost 17 hours after leaving Naples, taking into account the time change.
- The only late-evening Eurostar train from Paris to London is on Sundays.