Sumary of Why a cold glass of red is the perfect summer drink:
- But it’s one I come across only rarely when I’m out and about.
- Room temperature is the routine setting but it’s the room temperature of a modern, fully insulated, centrally heated house: a stuffy 20C+ that turns all red wines into a kind of soupy mush.
- Never mind that this remarkably resilient piece of serving advice comes from a time when the only people drinking wine in Britain were the upper classes , their draughty country house rooms rarely much warmer than 15C.
- Chateau de la Terrière BrouillyBeaujolais, France 2018 (from £13.60; cellarselected.
- Domaine des Roches Neuves Saumur-ChampignyLoire, France 2019 (£16.20, robersonwine.