Sumary of Four Reasons To Visit Georgia’s Wine Country:
- getty Typically when you’re thinking of a trip to Georgia, Savannah and Atlanta are the spots that come to mind, but did you know the mountains of North Georgia are home to dozens of wineries?
- There’s only one other AVA in the state and that’s The Upper Hiwassee Highlands AVA which includes land in three counties of northern Georgia and two counties of western North Carolina.
- It is located near the southern end of the Blue Ridge Mountains and includes portions of the Georgia counties of Fannin, Towns, and Union.
- Enjoy live music found at many wineries One of the most special things about many of North Georgia’s wineries is the live music you’re bound to find when visiting various tasting rooms.
- It’s not uncommon to be welcomed by the soothing sounds of local musicians who are set up inside wineries and their respective outdoor patios.
- Wineries known for their live music include Yonah Mountain Vineyards, Cavender Creek Vineyards and Winery, and Crane Creek Vineyards.