Sumary of Africa Festival Alafia:
- Enjoy the best food, music, dance and art from Africa’s rich and diverse cultures at the annual Alafia Africa Festival Hamburg!
- Every year, the African street party sets out to celebrate the lush cultural heritage of the African continent and Caribbean islands in the city’s Altona district.
- 19th Africa Festival Alafia in HamburgAttracting over 50.000 visitors last year, Alafia Hamburg is one of the largest Africa Festivals in Northern Germany.
- The three-day festival offers a multi-faceted programme, full of music and dance performances, that transform the Altona neighbourhood in Hamburg into a true cultural melting pot.
- This year, it will take place in a more dispersed fashion, with small-scale events dotted around in quieter areas of Altona, to allow for safety measures to help prevent further spread of COVID-19. Expect round-table discussions, performances in festival tents, markets and activities for kids.