Sumary of ‘Beautiful buildings wherever you look’: Germany’s best towns and villages, by readers:
- David EllisBlack Forest bathing Photograph: robertharding/AlamyWe had a great family holiday in the Black Forest near Oppenau.
- It’s a beautiful old small town but the best thing about it was the huge, public open-air swimming pool, with water slides, grassy picnic areas and a cafe.
- Best of all when you pay your tourist tax you receive free entry and free train travel around the Black Forest region.
- This means you can explore the small towns, lakes, forests and waterfalls by train.
- Photograph: AlamyHerrsching am Ammersee is a small town at the end of the S-Bahn line from Munich, next to Ammersee, a beautiful 15km-long glacial lake.
- TomProfileReaders’ tips: send a tip for a chance to win a £200 voucher for a Sawday’s stayShow Guardian Travel readers’ tipsEvery week we ask our readers for recommendations from their travels.