Sumary of Berlin Oktoberfest:
- Every autumn, several key locations across the city of Berlin celebrate the best of Bavarian culture by hosting their very own Oktoberfest.
- As well as offering the famous Oktoberfest beer produced by six local breweries, the traditional beer tents in Munich also serve up other drinks and regional dishes such as Weisswurst and Haxn.
- Each tent plays traditional Bavarian music, and many attendees dress up in folk Bavarian outfits, Dirndl and Lederhosen.
- A big, festive beer tent and an open-air beer garden, with more than 1.000 seats, are set up on Alexanderplatz, where live, authentic music is played all day and well into the evening.
- Over at the central fairgrounds by Kurt-Schumacher-Damm, a huge party tent serving beer and typical Bavarian specialities is set up, next to a number of fun activities for the family, including bumper cars, merry-go-rounds and carousels.