Sumary of Biden Expected To Announce Date When U.S. Travel Ban Will End “In The Next Several Days”:
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel met with US President Joe Biden and they discussed an end to the …
- President Biden was attending a news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the White House on Friday and was asked about when the U.S.
- and I will be able to answer that question to you within the next several days.” It was Chancellor Merkel who raised the issue and said through a translator that President Biden had also told her the same thing during their meeting, that he was looking into the matter.
- “Before such a decision, one has to reflect,” Merkel said, as reported by CNN.
- “It’s not sensible to have to take it back after only a few days.” Before Merkel’s visit, Fortune reported that EU diplomats were becoming increasingly frustrated with the Biden Administration over leaving the travel ban in place for most of their citizens, “citing inconsistent rules, economic costs and an outdated strategy for halting the coronavirus.” The U.S.
- Airlines for America, a trade group which represents many U.S.