Sumary of Good news for tourism sector: European tourists eyeing SA shores again:
- Information released by data analytics company Vacaay indicates that a large number of European users are using its online itinerary planning tool to plan trips to South Africa..
- EUROPEANS WANT TO TRAVEL TO EXOTIC PLACES Data analytics company Vacaay reports that momentum is growing for trips to far-away destinations since Europeans have been limited to domestic or short-haul international travel to select neighbouring countries for many months..
- “Europe is gaining confidence as new case numbers continue to subside, and this confidence is evident when analysing short to mid-term consumer travel patterns,”.
- SOUTH AFRICA TOPS THE LIST According to Vacaay, April data revealed a 400% increase in the number of European travellers who were exploring long-haul holidays compared with the six months prior..
- Similarly, South Africa saw a 520% increase in Europeans adding South Africa to their travel itineraries, with game parks, beaches and luxury lodges the most sought-after attractions..
- Vacaay says that South Africa is the most popular long-haul travel destination, ahead of the USA and Thailand, for users of its online itinerary planning application..
- GERMANS, DUTCH AND SWISS IN FRONT Vacaay CEO Pete Mc Keon said that the data shows confidence and desire to travel to exotic destinations, especially among Dutch, German and Swiss nationals..
- “We’re seeing the same trends across key source markets, with German, Dutch and Swiss travellers displaying a prominent shift toward longer flights and extended stays,”.
- With South Africa relaxed entry requirements of only COVID-19 test results for foreign arrivals, and no mandatory quarantine requirement, vaccinated travellers from these countries may once again be inspired to travel to these shores…