Sumary of Spectacular photographs show Mother Nature at her most beautiful – and fearful :
- This spectacular collection of photographs from around the world showcases the natural beauty of planet earth, from incredible underwater caves to the peaks of icy mountains.
- ‘ Extreme athlete Alexander Schulz crosses the fiery crater of Mount Yasur on Vanuatu using a 2.5cm-wide, 260m- (853ft) long ‘lavaline’ LEFT: This stunning image of Matsumoto Castle in Nagano Prefecture, Japan, was taken by Daisuke Uematsu.
- RIGHT: The paradisiacal Seychelles Around the world, photographers have gone to extremes to get the perfect shot by getting up close and personal to Mother Nature at her most beautiful and most fearful spots.
- Thrill-seekers perform incredible backflips, handstands and yoga poses against the stunning backdrop.
- Tobias Friedrich, 39, an underwater photographer from Germany, captured Anna von Boetticher, a free diver, in Tasiilaq, Greenland.
- His shot shows the brave diver defying freezing temperatures and swimming underneath huge icebergs.