Sumary of Tickets sell out in minutes ahead of Singapore-Malaysia land border opening:
- On Monday, Singapore and Malaysia will open the border to up to 1,440 fully vaccinated travellers in each direction on dedicated buses.
- The other firm, Causeway Link, has received almost 100,000 requests in the first eight hours – far more than the number of seats available,Only citizens of each country, together with permanent residents and long-term pass holders, will be allowed to cross under the “vaccinated travel lane” (VTL) system.
- The Singapore government said: “This is to give priority for those who have been working in either country, to visit their families.
- ”People hoping to cross from Malaysia to Singapore must have spent the previous two weeks in Malaysia or so-called “category one” nations – which include the UK and Germany.
- Singapore’s prime minister, Lee Hsien Loong, said: “The causeway was one of the busiest land borders in the world before the Covid-19 pandemic disrupted our cross-border activities.
- ”Before the coronavirus pandemic, around 150,000 people travelled in each direction on a typical day across the land links connection Singapore with Malaysia.