Sumary of We walked half of Scotland’s West Highland Way to fulfill an old hiking dream:
- Though well aware of the country’s plentiful trails offering cozy inns and warm beds along the way, we had never had the chance to hike one.
- We were distracted by clouds of gnats, or were they the infamous midges of the area?
- The lounge’s floor-to-ceiling windows offered views of one of Scotland’s famous Munros, which my husband quipped resembled a giant Hershey’s Kiss.
- The imposing Buachaille Etive Mor, translated as “the Great Herdsman of Etive,” anchors Glen Etive on one side with the lonely single-track road made famous in the James Bond movie “Skyfall.
- For instance, we walked past a father-son duo speaking rapid-fire German taking a break, only to be overtaken when we stopped.