Sumary of What are the rules for travelling to Greece?:
- And with tourism accounting for 20 per cent of GDP and providing one in five jobs, it’s unsurprising that the European country was at the forefront of campaigns to let international tourism resume this summer.
- Navagio Bay on Zakynthos (Getty Images)Greek tourism minister Harry Theoharis confirmed that the country would open to tourism on 14 May, with security protocols and testing in place.
- Quarantine regulations are now lifted for fully vaccinated travellers and those who have tested negative for Covid.
- Greece will also accept proof of recovery from Covid-19 for entry, including evidence of a positive Covid-19 PCR test result taken between 30 to 180 days prior to your trip.
- Anyone travelling to Greece must comply with the Greek authorities’ requirements, including completion of a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) before you travel (both into and out of Greece).
- However, those who’ve been fully vaccinated in the UK, US or EU, plus accompanying under 18s, can swerve quarantine when returning from “amber list” destinations.