Sumary of 5 Best National Parks In Iceland That Will Blow Your Mind In No Time:
- Rich in natural beauty, national parks in Iceland also form a major highlight that the travelers should not miss at all.
- 5 Best National Parks In Iceland Be it any part of the country, these Iceland national parks are truly awe-inspiring in nature and are worth spending a vacation in such a versatile land.
- 1. Thingvellir National Park Much famed to have been the site where Iceland’s parliament – Althing was established between the 10th and 18th century, þingvellir or Thingvellir National Park Iceland is one of the best places to explore in the country.
- Located in the eastern region of Reykjavík, there are many sites inside the national park which the travelers can explore like a local with the help of a Thingvellir national park map.
- From Þingvellir Church to the old stone shelters’ ruins, Thingvellir National Park is set amidst a rift valley which forms an amazing landscape for the travelers to admire.
- 2. Vatnajökull National Park Image Source Measuring close to about 14,100 square kilometers, Vatnajökull National Park is one of the best places to explore the magnificence of geothermal geysers.