Sumary of Know your rights when your flight is delayed or cancelled:
- Friday newsletters always feature luxury travel contests, tips, or news.
- Today: Know your rights when your flight is delayed, cancelled or overbooked.
- The U.S. and the European Economic Community (EEC) have established some very specific rights for air travelers.
- Unfortunately, only few travelers are aware of their rights (including entitlement to financial compensation) and it is important to know them in case things go wrong, such as flight delays, flight cancellation, and overbookings that prevent you from boarding.
- The following is an overview of basic air-passenger rights in the U.S. and Europe.
- EUROPEAN UNION The European Union (EU) is the only region in the world where passengers enjoy well-defined, basic rights when traveling by air, on condition that (1) they are departing from any airport situated in the EU, or (2) arriving in the EU with an EU carrier or one from Iceland, Norway or Switzerland.